MISSION: The Office of Institutional Research collects, analyzes, and disseminates institutional data to meet internal and external stakeholder demands for information that supports analytics decision-making, strategic planning, program assessment, and institutional self-study for accreditation.
VISION: The Office of Institutional Research will exceed expectations for excellence by serving the information demands of constituents and will be noted for integrity, responsiveness, and commitment to continuous improvement.
Major responsibilities and accomplishments include:
- Supporting Meharry's strategic planning and accreditation efforts by implementing a Centralized Institutional Research Reporting System (CIRRS). Online Data Request Form is readily available for internal and external customers.
- Updating the annual Fact Book to accommodate frequently asked questions regarding Meharry's students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Implementing Student and Alumni Tracking Systems to assist all schools in academic advisement and the documentation of alumni specialties/practicing locations.
- Analyzing student questionnaire surveys for all schools to identify strengths and weaknesses of their programs and services.
- Assisting the Meharry Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) Leadership Team and the Center of Educational Development and Support (CEDS) in documenting the effectiveness of Meharry's QEP.
- The IR Director teaches Biostatistics courses for the MSPH program and conducts statistical workshops for the Southern Association for Institutional Research (SAIR)
Chau-Kuang Chen, Ed.D.
Professor and Director, Institutional Research
John Hughes, Jr., B.S.
Computer Programmer Analyst
Janet D. Chandler
Office of Institutional Research
Meharry Medical College
1005 Dr. D. B. Todd, Jr. Blvd.
Nashville, Tennessee 37208-3599