The Meharry Medical College 138th Commencement ceremony will be held May 18, 2013 at 10 a.m. at the Grand Ole Opry
House in Nashville, Tennessee. Below you will find the general information given to
our ceremony volunteers. If you would like to serve as a volunteer, please R.S.V.P.
via the form below.
Roles of Volunteers
- Assist guests in hooders section to their seats
- Direct VIPs to the Reserved section
- Assist and direct graduates and hooders on and off stage
What time should you arrive?
- Volunteers should arrive at 7:30 a.m.
- Volunteers should park in the general parking lot
Directions for Parking:
You may park in Lot B and use the free shuttle at the Gaylord Opryland Resort. If you would like to walk, it takes about ten minutes to walk to the Opry Entertainment Complex.
If you use general mall parking from Opry Mills—you will depart from Dave & Buster’s or Regal Cinemas—it takes less than a minute walk to the Opry Entertainment Complex, just across the street.
- Business attire (black and white preferred) or dark-colored clothing (navy)
What to do if?
- Guest is impolite
- Guest has special request
If you encounter a guest who is impolite or a guest with special needs (i.e., diabetic, asthmatic) there will be security personnel stationed in each area of the gentry center. The officers on duty have been directed to assist you and will know whom to contact in case of an emergency. We will also have Medic One available at the Opry House for the day.
Volunteers are asked to arrive at the Opry House center by 7:30 a.m.; locations and stations are given at that time.
- Staff badges will be provided when you arrive; badges should be returned when commencement is over.
Please fill out the form below to sign up to volunteer for commencement:
If you have any additional questions email firstname.lastname@example.org