The Meharry Medical College 140th Commencement ceremony will be held May 16, 2015 at 10 a.m. in the Delta Ballroom at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Below you will find the general information given to our ceremony volunteers. If you would like to serve as a volunteer, please R.S.V.P. via the form below.
Roles of Volunteers
- Assist guests in hooders section to their seats
- Direct VIPs to the Reserved section
- Assist and direct graduates and hooders on and off stage
What time should you arrive?
- Volunteers should arrive at 7:00 a.m.
- Volunteers should park in the general parking lot
- Business attire (black and white preferred) or dark-colored clothing (navy)
What to do if?
- Guest is impolite
- Guest has special request
If you encounter a guest who is impolite or a guest with special needs (i.e., diabetic, asthmatic) there will be security personnel stationed in each area of the property. The officers on duty have been directed to assist you and will know whom to contact in case of an emergency. We will also have Medic One available for the day.
Volunteers are asked to arrive by 7:00 a.m.; locations and stations are given at that time.
- Staff badges will be provided when you arrive; badges should be returned when commencement is over.
Please fill out the form below to sign up to volunteer for commencement:
If you have any additional questions email firstname.lastname@example.org