SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Admits 105 medical students and some 30 residents annually. Trains residents in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, Preventive Medicine, OB/GYN, or Psychiatry.
SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY
Admits 55 dental students annually. Sponsors two post-doctoral programs: The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery program and the General Practice Residency program.
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH
One of the top producers of African-American Ph.D.s in Biomedical and Biological Services, according to Diverse Issues in Higher Education. Students participate in innovative and cutting-edge research programs with special emphasis in diseases and conditions that disproportionately affect underserved populations.
• Doctor of Medicine and Joint M.D./Ph.D.
• Degree Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
• Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.)
• Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
• Master of Science in Public Health (M.S.P.H.)
• Master of Science in Clinical Investigation (M.S.C.I.)
• Health Policy Certificate through the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Center for Health Policy at Meharry Medical College
OUR STUDENTS (2012-13)
African American: 665
Native American: 2
OUR FACULTY & STAFF (2012-13)
Full-time faculty: 211
Part-time faculty: 9
Total Employees: 986
Meharry Medical College is accredited by the following:
FINANCIAL OVERVIEW (FY2013)
Operating Revenue Budget: $144,082,000
Operating Expense Budget: $142,623,000
Annual Research Volume: $24,517,003 (as of 6/30/2010)
Endowment: $112,455,467 (Represents endowment market value as of 6/30/2012)