Traveling to Meharry
The 2015 Summer Institute on Health Policy will take place in the S.S. Kresge Learning Resources Center on the campus of Meharry Medical College. The physical address is 2001 Albion Street, Nashville, TN 37208.
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt
1715 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203 | 615-678-0149
- Meharry Rate: $129.00 per night
- Click here to reserve a room online (requires a credit card to confirm)
Meharry Medical College
- Royal Towers: One- and two-bedroom apartments
- Dorothy Brown Hall: Co-ed dormitory suites
- Campus Housing Application
- Contact: Charlene E. Hopkins-Goldthreate, Property Manager | (615) 327-5751 | email@example.com
- Vanderbilt is a 10-minute drive from Meharry's campus.
- Website: www.nashvilleinternshiphousing.com
- Contact: Jessica Posey, Office Manager | (615) 343-8699 | firstname.lastname@example.org
*The information listed does not constitute an endorsement by Meharry Medical College.
Click here to view a map of Meharry's campus.
Complimentary parking passes will be provided to all Summer Institute participants. Those new to campus will be required to register their car with the Office of Security for the week.
Limited visitor parking is available for a nominal fee in the Central Parking System lots on Meharry’s campus. The closest lot to the RWJF Center for Health Policy is located at 2012 Meharry Boulevard. The maximum daily rate is $3.00. There is additional paid parking available in the garage located at 1821 Albion Avenue (across from Nashville General Hospital at Meharry) and in “Lot F” on the corner of Hermosa Street and 930 21st Avenue South.
Campus & Nearby Dining Options
- Nashville General Hospital Cafeteria & Vending
The hospital cafeteria - The Albion Grill – is located on the lower level. Nutritious, balanced and affordable food choices are available. Vending machines are available on the first floor across from the escalators.
Albion Grill Hours:
Breakfast 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. (M-F)
Lunch 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (M-F)
Dinner 6:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. (Daily – Limited Menu)
- Ella Jean’s Café
Ella Jean's Cafe is a mid-day cafe offering southern cuisine, located at 2116 Meharry Boulevard, just one block from the Clay Simpson Building.
- Express Pizza & Gyros
Pizza, pasta, salad, wings, subs, and more. Located at 1734 Jefferson St, Nashville, TN 37208 | (615) 401-9965.