- Possess a bachelor's degree from a four-year, U.S. accredited institution
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA in all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Ensure they are in good academic standing with their current academic program
- Enroll as a non-degree seeking student or in conjunction with their academic degree program.
Each year there are ten (10) slots available for Meharry students with full tuition remission towards completion of the health policy certificate. To qualify, current enrollment at Meharry Medical College as a medical, dental, Ph.D., or MSPH student, as well as medical residents, is required. Ph.D. students must have earned candidacy before applying. All requirements for the certificate must be met prior to completion of the regular degree program.
In addition to the above mentioned requirements, applicants must submit the following materials to apply:
1. Completed Application Form
2. Statement of Purpose
3. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
4. Official Transcripts
All students who are accepted into the program are required to:
- Complete a minimum of 12-credit hours in three years or less or by their anticipated graduation date
- Maintain a 3.00 GPA or higher in the student's primary academic program
- Maintain a 80% attendance rate in all classes