RESPONSIBILITIES of ACTIVITY DIRECTORS
An Activity Director is a steward of Federal funds
The Activity Directors are responsible for carrying out the approved plan of operation and spending plan for their respective activities and for achieving the objectives of their activities. Only Activity Directors may initiate requests for funds, and the requests must be based upon the approved budget, as aligned with the stated objectives. Each Activity Director will have requests approved by the appropriate administrator within the exiting administrative structure of the College before the requests are transmitted to the Title III Office.
What must Activity Directors do?
- Comply with applicable Federal statutes, regulations, and guidelines on Federal grant
administration, Title III Projects, student privacy rights (i.e., GEPA and FERPA);
- Comply with College and Title III Office guidelines, policies and procedures;
- Ensure that expenditures of Title III funds are allocable, reasonable, allowable,
consistently treated and necessary under 2 CFR 220 (formerly 0MB Circular A-21 guidelines);
- Administer, supervise, and closely monitor progress of the Title III Activity;
- Diligently work to accomplish the objectives of the approved Activity;
- Use sound fiscal internal control and accounting procedures to ensure proper disbursement
of Title III funds;
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely Quarterly Reports, Time and Effort reports,
Annual Performance Reports, and other periodic reports;
- Label all Title III equipment and maintain an equipment log;
- Prepare for and be available for external evaluations, audits, and program reviews
as deemed necessary by the Title III Office;
- Attend Title III meetings and technical assistance workshops;
- Maintain proper recordkeeping and retention of records sufficient to establish an audit trail. When in doubt, keep it!
For a current listing of Title III Activity Directors, click here.