Eligibility and Application Process
The residency coordinator for the General Practice Residency Program at Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry currently manages the application process here. The Division of Graduate Programs participates in Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program ("The Match").
Applicants must be graduates of an accredited dental school in the United States or Canada at the start of the residency year.
Applicants are required to have passed the National Board Examination Part I and II.
A dental license is not required.
- Applicants are required to obtain an application packet from the National Matching Services Program (see below).
- Submit the applicant agreement to the National Matching Services Program to receive your Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program registration number.
- An interview is required for acceptance into the program, and will be granted only upon application completion and at the request of the director.
- Obtain selection notification of the Match from the National Matching Service.
Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program
The Division of Graduate Programs at Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry uses the National Matching Services Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program for notification of program acceptance. Applicants must submit an applicant agreement to National Matching Services and obtain a registration number.
The deadline for registering with the Matching Program is October 1st of each year.
Each applicant and each program must submit a rank order list to the National Matching Services. Those rank order lists will be compiled and applicants and programs will be matched.
The Match applicant agreement and additional information can be obtained from:
National Matching Services Inc.
20 Holly Street, Suite 301
Canada, M4S 3B1
Required Application Materials
Submit the following directly to Residency Coordinator Office-GPR Program:
- Application for admission with recent passport-size photograph attached
- Dental school transcript and ranking
- Copy of National Board Scores Part I and II
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, one of which should be from the Dean of the Dental School from which you graduated
- Copy of most current BLS Card and/or ACLS Card
- Personal Statement, not more than two typewritten pages, describing relevant past experience, career goals, and reasons for applying to a Postdoctoral Program
- Resume' or C.V.
Application material must be received by November 15th of each year.
Daphne C. Ferguson-Young, D.D.S., M.S.P.H.
Residency Coordinator, General Practice Residency
Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry
General Practice Residency Program
Office of Residency Coordinator
1005 Dr. D.B. Todd Jr. Blvd.
Nashville, Tennessee 37208
Member of PASS and MATCH Programs