Eligibility and Application Process
Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to Meharry Medical College residency programs:
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada who meet both of the following
1) Have received a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and;
2) Approval upon application for a full and unrestricted license or a Graduate Education Temporary Permit (GETP) to practice medicine in the State of Tennessee.
Applicants must also have passed the USMLE step I, USMLE Step II Clinical Knowledge, and USMLE Step II Clinical Skills.
We do not sponsor any visas; you must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
To apply, submit:
- ERAS Application
- Dean's Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of M.D. Diploma
- USLME Step 1 and Step 2 Scores
Application Deadline: December 30
Applications are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Interviews are conducted October through early February.
If you have further questions regarding our program, we would be happy to send a brochure further detailing the program.
You may contact:
Stephani Glenn, Residency Coordinator
Department of Family & Community Medicine
Meharry Medical College
1005 Dr. D. B. Todd, Jr., Boulevard
Nashville, Tennessee 37208-3599