LLOYD C. ELAM MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
The Lloyd C. Elam Mental Health Center was established in 1971 as the Meharry Community Mental Health Center and renamed in honor of Dr. Lloyd C. Elam in 1991.
The Elam Center at Meharry Medical College has full-time board certified psychiatrists available to meet your needs. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds and uses evidence-based, culturally sensitive, treatment options to meet your mental health needs. The next generation of psychiatrists and resident physicians-in-training receive hands-on experience under the supervision of board-certified psychiatrists. Our team includes board certified psychiatrists, resident physicians, registered nurses, licensed professional counselors, licensed alcohol and drug addiction counselors, licensed master social workers, case managers, and other professional staff who understand and respect the need for privacy and confidentiality.
We provide mental health services, and train mental health care professionals to render and conduct research that addresses mental health and psychiatric needs. Walk-ins and indigent patients without insurance are welcome.
Elam Mental Health Clinic Services Include:
- Initial Evaluation and follow up treatments for Depression, Bipolar Disorders, Substance Abuse and other mood disorders;
- Treatment for schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders;
- Treatment of Attention Deficit Disorders for both adults and children( ADHD Clinic)
- Treatment of anxiety disorders;
- Treatment of Opioid Addiction
- Depression/Anxiety Outpatient Group Sessions (Mondays)
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Psychological testing
- Aftercare and appropriate community referrals