Forensic Psychiatric Services
Meharry Medical College Forensic Psychiatric Services provides comprehensive psychiatric and psychological evaluations that address various medical-psychiatric issues; routinely, those issues appear within a legal forum.
We also offer consultations and training for courts, law firms, and legislatures. Our faculty are fellowship-trained and board-certified in both general and forensic psychiatry; we conduct evaluations on adults, adolescents, children, and families.
Criminal case evaluations for:
- Insanity (AKA NGRI or Criminal Responsibility)
- Diminished Capacity (AKA Temporary Insanity)
- Competency to stand trial
- Competency to waive Miranda rights
- Jury and Witness Voir Dire
Civil case evaluations for:
- Personal injury and psychological autopsy
- Workers' compensation and disability determinations
- Psychiatric and psychological malpractice
- Child sexual abuse
- Child custody
- Parenting evaluations
- Medical Competence
William D. Richie, M.D., F.A.P.A.
Director, Division of Forensic Psychiatry
Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences
The Lloyd C. Elam Mental Health Center, 2nd Floor
1005 Dr. D.B. Todd, Jr., Blvd
Nashville, Tennessee 37208-3599