Student and Academic Affairs
The Office of Student and Academic Affairs (OSAA) advocates on behalf of various student needs. We encourage students to drop by and get familiar with the services offered before an issue becomes chronic, particularly during any transitional periods that may occur during their time at Meharry.
We are here to assist you with:
- Academic counseling
- Letters of recommendation
- Letters of good academic standing
- Dean's letters
- Class schedules
- Clerkship rotations
- Issues related to the USMLE and NBME examinations
- Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP) activities (postbaccalaureate, pre-matriculation, and pipeline) and examinations
- Subject-board concerns
- Student correspondence, including financial aid
- ERAS application
- Personal issues
We also set up and monitor computer testing for the School of Medicine; Basic Sciences, Part 1 Dental and Clinical science cases for the junior and senior medical students; and we also process VSAS information.
Please consider our office your 'safe zone' during your time at Meharry, a place where you are welcome and will have needs met efficiently.