If you are interested in more information regarding the donation program and the procedure for making a donation, please contact us at 615.327.6691 or write to
Anatomical Donation Program
Department of Professional/Medical Education
Meharry Medical College
1005 Dr. D. B. Todd Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37208-3599
By doing so, you may secure our brochure, entitled, "The Ultimate Gift." After reading the brochure and making a decision, you may register with the program using the Uniform Donor Card attached to the brochure. Follow the directions found in the brochure and return the attached donor card to our office.
Please note that the Department of Professional and Medical Education will be unable to accept your remains if:
- An autopsy has been performed
- The donor remains are affected by a contagious disease
- The donor remains exceed (175 lbs. for men; 175 lbs for women)
- Any organs have been donated except the eyes
- Surgery was performed six weeks prior to death or body damaged due to severe accident
- The donor remains were embalmed – without prior approval of our program
For those survivors or next-of-kin who wish to donate a loved one's body, contact the Donation Office at the time of death. We will provide instructions and information regarding criteria for donation.
Phone numbers to use for acquiring information or notification at the time of death are below:
Anatomical Donation Office – 615.327.6691
Department of Professional and Medical Education Office – 615.327.6944
Security Office – 615.327.6254