Billing and Collections
Please read the following payment policies carefully, as all patients, whether insured or uninsured, are responsible for the cost of all services rendered.
- Insured patients will be required to satisfy any co-pay or deductible amounts due at the time of service. After your co-pay or deductible has been satisfied, your insurance company will be billed for the services rendered. Outstanding balances will be billed to you after your insurance company processes your claim.
- Uninsured patients will pay a $60 charge for the initial evaluation and treatment. After your initial visit, payment in full will be due at each subsequent visit for services rendered.
- For treatment involving multiple appointments and/or services of a dental laboratory (e.g., crowns, bridges, and partials), a payment of 50% of the service rendered is due at the initial service date, and the remaining balance will be divided into three payments. This balance must be paid in full before the appliance can be delivered.
- You will be responsible for the cost of all services rendered if we do not accept your insurance. If we do not accept your insurance, a claim will be billed as a courtesy, and your insurance company will reimburse you directly.
- In the event that your insurance company denies your claim, you are still responsible for the balance of the services rendered. Payment in full will be expected within 30 days of the denial date. Please call our Business Office at 615.327.6776 with additional questions.
Please be informed that all services are provided at affordable rates, but are not free of charge.
Acceptable forms of payment:
- Cash, check*, money order
- MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover®
- Most major insurance accepted
- Most third-party PPOs accepted
- Flexible spending accounts accepted—call for more information
- Care Credit (personal line of credit)
- Payment Plans**
A service charge of $35.00 will be applied to any returned check.
**Patients opting for a payment plan must meet the following requirements:
- Patient cannot have an outstanding balance
- Procedure must fall between $300–$1,500
- A down payment of 25% on the total will be collected
- Minimum monthly payment must be $50
- Payment plan can only be extended for 10 months
- Any missed payment(s) will void payment plan and full balance will be due immediately.
The payment plan option is available only for services rendered in the pre-doctoral clinics. Services rendered in the post-doctoral clinics may require separate payment options.