Alcoholic Beverages Policy
Effective Date: April 11, 1986
Last Reviewed: July 1, 2015
Review by: June 30, 2016
Consumption of alcoholic beverages on any Meharry Medical College facilities shall be in strict accordance with the following policy guidelines:
- Approval of request to serve alcoholic beverages shall be limited to wine and beer.
- All requests to serve alcoholic beverages must be made five (5) days in advance of the event as a part of the initial Request Form to the Office of External Affairs and Special Events, (Office of the President).
- The Office of General Counsel shall take under advisement extraordinary requests to serve alcoholic beverages other than wine and beer.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be sold on campus.
- Approved alcoholic beverages may not be served at events which will include attendees under 21 years of age.
- It is the responsibility of the person(s) or organization(s) sponsoring an event to observe the laws of the State of Tennessee and Meharry’s regulations regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Approved alcoholic beverages may not be served during the times when classes are normally in session (Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- The serving of approved alcoholic beverages in laboratories, classrooms, lecture halls and patient areas is expressly prohibited.
- All events at which approved alcoholic beverages are served must also have non-alcoholic beverages available.
You can view the full policy to the right or by clicking here.