Research Administration and Compliance Improvement - RACI
The mission of the Office for Research is to support the researchers at Meharry Medical College with a resource-rich infrastructure that enables them to devote their time and talents to scientific investigation. It is important to emphasize that the research enterprise is derived first and foremost by the efforts of its faculty. Faculty generate new knowledge; perform innovative research; attract, teach, and mentor students; and engage in activities that benefit and enrich society. A strong research program enhances the prestige of the institution and further attracts and retains top faculty who, in turn, impart their knowledge on students and peers while increasing the quality of clinical care.To foster this cycle of growth, the Office for Research strives to create a user-friendly environment while, at the same time, ensure that we are compliant with all federal, state and local regulations. By doing so, Meharry's faculty and trainees can succeed by our facilitating the pursuit and management of research grants and contracts; providing the facilities needed to pursue new discoveries; and promoting the transfer of the university's intellectual property to the marketplace. Researchers are our customers.
The following list outlines the policies associated with the various departments and their respective assignments. To learn more click on one of the links to a policy below.
- Administration of Institutional Research Program and Center Awards
- Coordination of Research Activities at Meharry
- Grant Submission Policy
- Institutional Advance Fund Policy
- Institutional Cost Sharing on Sponsored Grant Agreements
- Institutional Cost Transfer Policy
- Institutional Research Incentive Policy
- Institutional Time and Effort Reporting Policy
- Intramural Research
- Policies and Procedures for Responding to Allegations of Research Misconduct
- Research Bridge Funding Program
- Research Space Use and Assignment Policy
- Scientific Misconduct Policy