How to Apply and re-apply
Each year, students who need federal and state financial aid must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Meharry Medical College Financial Aid Application (MAP).
To be eligible for federal and state financial aid, you must be:
- A U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Registered with Selective Service (for males only), 18–26 years of age—click here to register. If you registered and want to check your registration, you may check your registration by clicking here. [
- In financial need, as determined by central processor using federal regulations
- Enrolled at Meharry Medical College pursing a degree or certificate program
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress towards your degree program
- In good standing (not in default) on a federal loan or owe on a federal grant. To check your federal loan or grant history, go to the National Student Loan Data Center by clicking here.
- Enrolled in at least six (6) hours
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed on the website by clicking here. You will need Meharry Medical College's Federal Title IV (six-digit) Code, G03506. In order to complete the FAFSA online, you will need a Personal Identification Number (PIN). To request a PIN or replacement PIN, click here. .
In addition, before your financial aid packet is determined to be complete, you must also submit the Application for Student Financial Aid Assistance (MAP) form. This application collects demographic data, as well as, the amount of Federal Direct loans you wish to borrow for the entire academic year.
Once you have been officially accepted to Meharry Medical College, the Office of Student Financial Aid will send a follow-up email, which will detail all steps required to complete the financial aid process.
Important: You must reapply for financial aid each academic year by completing a FAFSA and the MAP. The Office of Student Financial Aid cannot guarantee funds will be available at registration if all documents are not completed and submitted to the appropriate agencies.
For more information, contact:
Meharry Medical College
Office of Student Financial Aid
1005 Dr. D.B. Todd, Jr. Blvd.
Nashville, Tennessee 37208