scholarships and grants
- The Honors Incentive Scholarship is awarded to a select number of first-year entering students who have achieved academic excellence in their undergraduate course of study. The Honor Scholarship pays up to total tuition and fees for the first year of study. Each additional year is contingent upon your academic performance.
- The Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students (SDS) provides scholarships to full-time, financially needy students from disadvantaged backgrounds, enrolled in health professions and nursing programs. This need-based grant program is offered by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program pays for tuition, required fees, and some other education costs, tax free, for as many as four years. Education costs may include books, clinical supplies, laboratory expenses, instruments, two sets of uniforms and travel for one clinical rotation. Recipients also receive equipment and a monthly living stipend.
- The Armed Forces Scholarship pays full tuition and some fees, books, and supplies, plus a monthly stipend. There is a military service obligation.
- The Tennessee Black Conditional Grant Program (TCG) awards a grant yearly to African-American residents of Tennessee. Students must complete an application that is sent to Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) for certification. Each additional year is contingent upon funding from the State and the student maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- The Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) provides state grants to certified residents of the contract states, i.e. Tennessee (medical and dental) and Arkansas (dental only-one slot per classification).
The Office of Student Financial Aid cannot guarantee approval of these funds.
Meharry Medical College
Office of Student Financial Aid
1005 Dr. D.B. Todd, Jr. Blvd.
Nashville, Tennessee 37208