Student Insurance Waiver Information
All students will automatically be charged an insurance fee in both the fall and spring semesters if a waiver is not completed by the communicated deadline.
Student Insurance Waiver
Your plan must meet the following criteria to waive the student insurance.
Please note that coverage for emergency-only care in the Nashville, TN area does not satisfy the requirements to waive the student insurance.
- The plan must provide in-patient care in the Nashville, TN area (including mental health care)
- The plan must provide out-patient care in the Nashville, TN area (including office visits, out-patient mental health care and ancillary procedures).
- The plan must be provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number.
- The individual (not family) deductible on the plan should not exceed $2,000 per policy year.
- The plan must meet Federal Regulation Coverage requirements as outlined in the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act of at least $100,000 in covered essential benefits per year.
Please do NOT complete the waiver or enrollment form for the 2016 - 2017 academic year before April 15th, when Open Enrollment begins.