Meharry Medical College Ross Recreation & Fitness Center Reservation Request
Reservations may be made up to 12 months in advance and no less than 14 business days in advance, with a non-refundable deposit equal to the first hour’s rental fee. The balance is to be paid at least three-business days prior to the activity/event.
Activities that take place after 5 PM, will be required to hire a minimum of two Meharry Security Officers at a fee of $24/hour for a minimum of 2 hours.
The rental will be for sporting events only and groups can only reserve the Gymnasium and will have access to the male and female locker rooms/restrooms. The aerobics room and weight room will not be available for rental.
$75/hour (3 hour minimum) for external groups/individuals.
$50/hour (2 hour minimum) for Meharry Employees renting the gym for a non-Meharry event.
$25/hour (1 hour minimum) for Meharry students renting the gym for a non-Meharry event.
Hours of availability for rental
8 AM – 8 PM, 7 days a week
*Student intramural games and student sporting events have precedence over other requests. The normal intramural basketball season runs from late January until early March on Monday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
^The rental fee is waived for Meharry Student Organization events and events facilitated by Meharry Medical College Departments for the College.
General rules for the private rental use of the Ross Fitness Center:
- Groups must have a First Aid Kit on site and at least 1 person who is CPR certified (proof required upon confirmation of reservation).
- Groups will need to supply their own sports accessories (basketballs, soccer balls, volleyballs).
- Alcohol, drugs and weapons are prohibited in the Ross Fitness Center at all times.
- Meharry is a smoke-free campus.
- Furnishings provided by Ross Fitness Center are limited to tables and chairs currently on inventory at the Center. Any additional tables and chairs must be provided by the reserving party.
- Set-up, break-down and clean-up time must be included in the reservation rental period.
- All areas used must be returned to the condition they were in prior to the rental period.
- All trash, decorations and other items brought in by the reserving party must be removed from the building.
- All approved reservations require a certificate of liability insurance coverage of $1 million.
- Reserving parties are financially responsible for any damage to facilities or equipment during the reservation period.
- Student Life staff has the authority to stop any unsafe, destructive or illegal activity, and terminate the reservation in the event that policies and rules are continually violated.
Questions or concerns about reservations for the Ross Fitness Center may be directed to the Office of Student Life, email@example.com or (615) 327-6792.