Biomedical Informatics Mission
The mission of the Biomedical Informatics Program at Meharry Medical College is to develop adequate and cost-effective informatics infrastructure to facilitate communication, program evaluation, and educational outreach for all clinical and translation researchers at Meharry.
Funding was utilized to establish the following activities and outcomes:
- Establishment and continued development of the biomedical informatics hardware, software, and intellectual infrastructure.
- Enhancement and expansion of the informatics infrastructure and programs.
- Ensuring unsurpassed compliance with the Department of Health regulations and standards.
- Substantially improving informatics interoperability with other partners and collaborators.
- Significantly enhancing translational research by implementing novel informatics technologies.
Supported by the National Institute On Minority Health And Health Disparities of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number U54 MD0007593.